Hair rebonding is a popular hair treatment that many people opt for to achieve straight, silky, and manageable hair.
It involves chemically altering the natural structure of the hair to make it straight and smooth. While the results of hair rebonding can be impressive, it is important to consider the pros and cons before deciding to undergo the treatment.
Multistep Process: How Hair Rebonding Works
Hair Rebonding is a process that can give you straight, smooth and glossy hair. It involves breaking down the natural bonds in your hair and rebuilding them in a new, straight alignment. This multistep process starts with washing your hair and then coating each strand with a relaxant, which breaks down your hair cuticles.
After steaming your hair, a keratin lotion is applied to help set the new hair bonds. A neutraliser is then used to stabilise the new bonds. Finally, your hair is rinsed, blow-dried, and straightened using a flat iron.
Its results can be long-lasting, as the process is permanent and only needs to be repeated when new hair growth starts to show. However, before getting the treatment, you should consult your stylist to find out if your hair type can handle the chemicals and heat involved.
The Cost of Hair Rebonding
Hair Rebonding is a chemical process that alters your hair’s natural structure, resulting in a sleek and straight appearance. However, before booking an appointment, it’s important to consider both its pros and cons.
One significant factor to keep in mind is the cost of the treatment. Hair rebonding can be quite costly, with prices ranging from $250 to over $1000. The final cost will depend on several factors, including the salon you choose, the ingredients used in the treatment, and the current state of your hair.
It’s important to consider whether the cost is within your budget before committing to the treatment. While the cost may be a consideration, many people find that the results of hair rebonding are worth it.
- Straight, silky hair: The most obvious benefit of hair rebonding is that it gives you straight, silky hair that is easy to manage. You won’t have to worry about frizz or flyaways, and your hair will look sleek and shiny.
- Low maintenance: Rebonded hair is low maintenance, as it requires minimal styling. You can simply wash and go, and your hair will still look great.
- Long-lasting results: Skye Organic Hair Rebonding treatment for instance, can last for up to six months, which means you won’t have to worry about touch-ups or maintenance for a long time.
- Versatility: With straight hair, you can style it in a variety of ways, from sleek and straight to curly and voluminous. You can change up your look without having to worry about the texture of your hair.
- Boosts confidence: Many people feel more confident with straight hair, as it can make them feel more put-together and polished.
- Reduces styling time: With straight hair, you won’t need to spend as much time styling your hair in the morning. This can be a great time-saver for busy people or those who prefer a low-maintenance hairstyle.
- Makes hair look longer: Straight hair can make your hair look longer, as it eliminates the natural curl or wave that can make hair appear shorter. This can be a great benefit for those who want to create the illusion of longer hair.
- Can help with hair loss: Skye Organic Hair Rebonding organic treatment can help to disguise hair loss or thinning hair by creating the appearance of fuller, thicker hair. This can be a great confidence booster for those who are self-conscious about their hair.
- Can improve hair texture: For those with naturally frizzy or unruly hair, hair rebonding can improve the texture of the hair by making it smoother and more manageable. This can make it easier to style and create a polished look.
- Can be customised: Skye Organic Hair Rebonding, can be customised to suit your individual hair type and preferences. This means that you can choose the level of straightness, the amount of volume, and other factors to create a look that is uniquely yours.
- Damage: The traditional hair rebonding involves using harsh chemicals and heat, which can damage your hair. Over time, your hair may become dry, brittle, and prone to breakage.
- Expensive: Hair rebonding can be expensive, especially if you go to a high-end salon. You may need to budget for this treatment if you decide to try it.
- Time-consuming: Hair rebonding can take several hours, depending on the length and thickness of your hair. You’ll need to set aside a significant amount of time for this treatment.
- Limited styling options: While straight hair is versatile, it can also be limiting. You won’t be able to style your hair in the same way as you would with curly or wavy hair.
- Maintenance: Rebonded hair requires special care, such as using sulphate-free shampoos and conditioners. You’ll also need to avoid heat styling tools and harsh chemicals that can damage your hair.
- Regrowth: As your hair grows, you’ll need to touch up the rebonded sections. This can be time-consuming and expensive, especially if you have a lot of regrowth. You may also need to wait a certain amount of time before rebonding your hair again, which means you’ll have to deal with the natural texture of your hair in the meantime.
- Not suitable for all hair types: Hair rebonding is not suitable for all hair types, particularly if you have very fine or damaged hair. It’s important to consult with a professional to determine whether or not this treatment is right for you.
- Chemical smell: The chemicals used in hair rebonding can have a strong odour, which can be unpleasant for some people. You may need to deal with this smell for several days after the treatment.
- Risk of burns: Hair rebonding involves using a flat iron at a high temperature, which can increase the risk of burns. It’s important to go to a professional who knows how to handle the flat iron safely.
- Results may vary: The results of hair rebonding may vary depending on your hair type and the skill of the stylist. You may not achieve the same results as someone else, even if you use the same products and follow the same aftercare routine.
How to Prepare for Hair Rebonding
Before getting your hair rebonded, it’s important to prepare your hair properly. This can include avoiding chemical treatments for at least two weeks before the treatment, avoiding heat styling tools, and using a deep conditioning treatment to nourish your hair.
After getting your hair rebonded, it’s important to take proper care of your hair to maintain the results and prevent damage. This can include using sulphate-free shampoos and conditioners, avoiding heat styling tools, and using a hair serum or oil to keep your hair moisturised.
Alternatives to Hair Rebonding
If you’re not sure if hair rebonding is right for you, there are other options to consider. This can include keratin treatments, which can help to smooth and straighten your hair without using harsh chemicals, or simply embracing your natural hair texture and finding ways to style it that work for you.
You can opt for a volume rebonding if you don’t want the traditional rebonding process. Volume Rebonding involves chemically straightening the hair while adding volume and body. This treatment is ideal for individuals with naturally curly or frizzy hair who want to achieve a sleek and straight look without sacrificing volume.
If volume rebonding treatments aren’t right up to your alley, there’s hair remodelling available. Hair Remodelling means reshaping the hair to create a new style. This can be achieved through various techniques, such as cutting, colouring, and texturizing. Hair remodelling can help you achieve a new look that complements your face shape and personal style.
Hair Rebonding can be a great way to achieve straight, silky hair, but it’s important to consider both the pros and cons before deciding whether or not to try it. By consulting with a professional, preparing your hair properly, and taking proper care of your rebonded hair, you can achieve great results and enjoy the benefits of this popular hair treatment.
It’s important to consult with a professional and take proper care of your rebonded hair to ensure the best results.